11/05/2014

Social media

There are so many possibilities and I have to admit I don’t all use them to the maximum potential, but I’ve definitely noticed it actually works (when you do). Here’s an overview of my favorite social media and why.

TWITTER
Short and fun conversations. The contact is very direct and easy. I use to show what I’m working on, ask questions and do a little promoting every now and again (exactly what I should be doing more, but just really hate).

Reactions
A lot. Everyone is really helpful, so for example, even if they can’t answer your questions, they’ll RT it for you, etc.
Amount of work
Not that bad. I often combine it with sharing via Instagram, plan a lot with Hootsuite and you only have 140 characters, so is has to be short and sweet.
Biggest plus
Fun and you meet people you probably wouldn't have met ‘in real life’.
Biggest downside
With only room for 140 characters you have to creative how you communicate something. And you can’t edit, which sucks when you make a typo or put in the wrong link.

FACEBOOK
Personally fun to stay up to date about your friends and family. For your business it’s interesting because it’s really easy to react (even if it’s just with a like).

Reactions
Depends on what I share. Sometimes I immediately get 10 likes and/or comments, other times nothing.
Amount of work
Same story as Twitter, plan and share via Instagram.
Biggest plus
Big audience.
Biggest downside
If you want to reach all the people who liked your page, you have to pay for it.

INSTAGRAM
My personal favorite. I like to talk in images and Instagram is perfect for that.

Reactions
A lot. It’s easy to like, but a lot of people also comment. Also, when you have a question, people respond quickly. One side note, put the question in the image, most people don’t read the description and will just like you image.
Amount of work
I like doing it, so don’t feel like it’s a lot.
Biggest plus
Just really fun! You can see ‘behind the scenes’ at other people (for me personally, designers are really interesting) and you have an international reach. Plus you can instantly share the image you upload with your other social media.
Biggest downside
I haven’t experienced this a lot, but when you get a lot of followers, you can get a lot of spam comments.

There are many more social media’s and website that I don’t use (yet), but are also really good (I hear from others), like behance, pinterest, flickr, dribbble, tumblr, etc.. So you have to see, try and decide for yourself what works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment